show all hide all

Where can I find account information about my shares of HealthSouth stock?

If you hold HealthSouth stock through a brokerage account, contact your stock broker for account information. Otherwise, to access your account information, change your address, or sell or transfer shares, please contact HealthSouth's stock transfer agent, Computershare, at (877) 456-7913. Current and former employees should contact HealthSouth's employee benefits department at (800) 500-3401.

back to top

Where can I find historical prices for HealthSouth stock?

Previous closing prices can be found at under "Stock Quote and Historic Lookup."

back to top

Which HealthSouth stock pays dividends?

HealthSouth pays a quarterly cash dividend on it's common stock. The dividend history can be found under "Dividend and Stock Split History".

back to top

What was the date of HealthSouth's last stock split?

HealthSouth stockholders approved a one-for-five reverse stock split effective on October 26, 2006, to coincide with HealthSouth's relisting on the New York Stock Exchange.

Additional history can be found under "Dividend and Stock Split History".

back to top

Where can I find more information on HealthSouth's securities litigation?

We discuss the securities litigation in our annual report on Form 10-K and our quarterly reports on Forms 10-Q. In January 2004, a consolidated class action complaint was filed on behalf of the common stock and bond holders of HealthSouth. The complaint named HealthSouth as a defendant, as well as more than 30 of its former employees, officers and directors, the underwriters of its debt securities, and its former auditor Ernst & Young LLP.

HealthSouth reached a settlement in 2006. In January 2007, the United States District Court entered an order approving its settlement with the claimants. The aggregate consideration consisted of HealthSouth stocks and warrants valued at $215 million and cash payments by insurance carriers of $230 million. On September 30, 2009, HealthSouth issued the stock and warrants required under the settlement to the court approved administrator of the settlement . Pursuant to the settlement, the final distribution of the cash and securities to qualified claimants is being handled by the administrator. 

It is our understanding that information is being provided to the claimants through the sources listed below:

1) Rust Consulting, Inc., HealthSouth's Settlement Claims Administrator, at (888) 952-9108



back to top

Has HealthSouth always traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol HLS?

On January 23, 1984, Amcare (HealthSouth's previous name) was incorporated in Birmingham, Alabama. The name changed to HealthSouth in 1985. On September 24, 1986, HealthSouth's began trading as a public company on the NASDAQ as HSRC. HealthSouth began trading on the NYSE on August 11, 1989, under the ticker HRC. The company moved to the pink sheets as HLSH in March of 2006 and relisted on the NYSE on October 26, 2006, as HLS.

back to top

I'm a current or former HealthSouth employee. How can I obtain more information on shares purchased through the former employee stock option purchase plan (ESOP), the former employee purchase plan (ESPP) or the current employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)?

Please contact our employee benefits department at (800) 500-3401 and choose option 7 to speak to a HealthSouth representative.

back to top

Where can I find a listing of HealthSouth's Board of Directors and executive management team?

A listing of HealthSouth's Board of Directors and executive management team can be found on under "Corporate Governance."

back to top

Do you have another question that hasn't been answered?

Please submit your question using the form below. Fields marked with an * are required.

back to top

Email Address *
Name *
Address *
Questions / Comments *